It was a magic, life-changing weekend for all 12 women who attended. Here are a few reminders I walked away from this weekend with:
1. LET IT OUT. To get to the good stuff, you have to get the crap out. First in a notebook, then with a friend, then maybe, if you’re lucky enough, with your tribe. Putting it out there takes it off of YOU. And until then, you can’t strategize or move forward. So you MUST get it out somehow before figuring out the rest. Even if it means ugly crying.
2. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. None of this will matter if you're not filling your own cup. Whether that is processing and meditating, taking a nap, writing, walking or reading. We need to stay grounded though the twists and turns that life brings. It’s the only way to survive. Do something to make you feel like YOU.
3. BREATHE. When you’re overwhelmed, nervous, excited. It's a simple reminder of something we do without thinking but will bring you to an intentional state. It will keep you in the present and help you take next steps.
4. AGE DOESN’T MATTER. We had women of all ages, and what I realized while sitting in our group #sobfest (extremely therapeutic time where we all introduced ourselves on a deep level, what we’ve been through and what we wanted to get out of the weekend) is that everyone has a story. No matter how many years we’ve been on this earth. And being younger or older isn’t an advantage, just a number in our bios.
5. SHARE YOUR STORY. When you share your story vulnerably, you’re going to help others. They might have a similar story, and the feeling of not feeling alone is pretty powerful. Sharing is scary, but when you do, you feel better and you help others feel better. It’s just what happens. It’s worth it.